Friday, August 24, 2012

Let's Get Together and Feel Alright

In the last post, I discussed my conflicting thoughts about my pride and shame as a Thai-American and my confusion as to why we haven't united as a cohesive unit in the current generation. In this post, I hope to garner your thoughts as to what we can do to change things.

I am a board member for Thai Americans For the Future, or TAFF. We have had only two events: 
1.) A Thai community art show at the Consulate Building downtown
2.) A fundraiser at a sushi restaurant for a playground at Wat Dhamaramma in Chicago. 

Why only two events? Because a group of 10 people cannot always group think for an entire generation. We know what we like, but is it necessarily what you want to see and/or attend? I want to meet with my fellow Thais and connect, but I need your help. I need your ideas - only you can tell me the kind of events that would interest you. 

Here's my request/your challenge: What can we do to get together as Thais? What sort of events would you like to see? Would you go to a conference if we put one together? Would you like something formal or casual? Sound off in the comments! Your idea might just be the one I take to TAFF and make happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment